Although many people interpret a healthy diet and regular exercise as the sine qua non of a quality life, there is actually a third element: adequate rest! In general, people are concerned with how they should eat and exercise to lead a healthy life. However, rest is just as important as these two things. And its importance should certainly not be underestimated.
Implementing a correct training program and a correct nutrition program is as effective on a person’s quality of life, as well as correct rest. Therefore, it needs to be well organized. Many of the positive developments that regular exercise and healthy nutrition will create in our body occur during rest. Muscle damage during workouts is repaired at rest; muscles are repaired, restructured and developed during this time. It is known that during rest after exercise, the body continues to burn fat. Growth hormone, which is a very important hormone for our body, is also secreted during sleep.
How about proper rest?
When the effect of rest on a healthy life is so great, it will be very natural for a question to come to mind: How should we rest? Here are some tips for resting properly:
- Sleep is one of the activities in which the body rests best. Therefore, you should take care to get enough sleep at the right times.
- Just as you need to rest after sports, you should also take time to rest before sports. This will help you get your metabolism in shape.
- Just as you plan your days to exercise and allocate a separate time period for exercise, you should also schedule your rest period.
- Work, private life etc. During periods when you are really tired for reasons, you should reduce exercise if necessary and devote more time to rest.
- Sleeping or lying still is not the only way to rest your body. Pay attention to your diet so that your muscles and digestive system can rest; You should take care to consume fibrous foods and enough fluids.
- If you have just started exercising regularly, you should not overload yourself and forget to take time to rest. Because this is very important for your development and motivation.
- Proper rest is possible in the right environment and conditions. For this reason, you should take care that the environment is clean, airy and comfortable while resting.
What if we don’t rest?
During periods when you do not rest enough and apply an intense training program, your body will get very tired. Continuing to push the tired body means inviting muscle and joint injuries. In this way, it is possible to damage even your internal organs. When you do not rest your body enough, your mind will be adversely affected by this situation. A tired body and mind brings with it a lot of negative thoughts. Negative thoughts, on the other hand, cause you to get stressed and away from your goal over time. To summarize all this briefly, a body that does not rest enough cannot develop, change and regenerate!